Nutrition services at Boston Sports Medicine are provided in our Watertown office in collaboration with Roberta Laredo, R.D., L.D.N, C.D.E. for our diabetic and weight loss clients.
Ms. Laredo has provided nutrition education to thousands of children and adults. She has lectured to various physician and patient groups and has written for professional journals, nutrition textbooks, and consumer publications. Her experience has included working at two of Boston’s leading health care institutions, Joslin Diabetes Center and Children’s Hospital. She is a graduate of Cornell University and a Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator. She resides in Newton with her husband and three children.
Ms. Laredo provides private nutrition counseling to individuals and families in the areas of weight management, lipid disorders, type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus, insulin pump therapy and general growth and nutrition concerns.
She carefully tailors each eating plan to the unique needs and concerns of each client.
Services provided include:
- Comprehensive assessment of weight and pertinent medical history, eating and exercise habits, and lifestyle factors.
- Analysis of food recall and/or food records for nutritional adequacy and nutrition goals.
- Development of nutrition, lifestyle, and exercise goals.
- Creation of individualized eating plans
- Menus to complement nutrition goals
Roberta Laredo, RD, LDN, CDE
93 Union Street, Suite 300
Newton, MA 02459